- By ordering livestock from us via our website or by telephone, you are agreeing to and accepting our following terms and conditions of business.
- In accordance with our license (section 6.1) issued under the Pet Animal Act 1951, ‘all stock for sale must be in good health and free from obvious parasitic infection as far as can be reasonably determined without veterinary inspection.’
- In the unlikely event that your tortoise dies during the guarantee period (6 months), you must first obtain and pay for ‘a professional report,’ to confirm that, the death was attributable to a disease or illness, that was present in the tortoise when we sold it to you. Our guarantee of 6 months is to our retail customers only.
- We will not accept liability for the cost for you to obtain (2) above, ‘a professional report.’
- We will not accept any liability for any veterinary fees you the customer may incur. It is good sensible practice, to insure all animals for veterinary fees.
- We will check to ensure you have provided the correct, housing, heating, lighting, and diet for the tortoise we sold you.
- You must show that you have followed all the FREE written and verbal animal welfare advice we provided you with. As there is much conflicting welfare advice circulating about tortoises, listening to advice from a third party will invalidate your guarantee with us.
- In the unlikely event, that an endangered species (Appendix A) is to be replaced by us, the CITES documentation ‘Article 10’ given to you at the time of delivery, must be returned to us, before we will arrange a replacement.
- We do no, and we are not Legally obliged to retain copies of any Article 10 Certificates, when the tortoise requiring an Article 10 Certificate is sold to you, we strongly suggest you make photocopies, and file them in different places. The Law states if you then sell or gift the tortoise to anyone, then the Article 10 Certificate must be given to the new owner.
- In offering you any replacement, you the customer, must first pay us the delivery charge, before we make arrangements for your replacement to be sent.
- It is not possible to guarantee the sex, or size or age, of the tortoise you are purchasing, unless this is specifically stated: in an Article 10 Certificate, on our website, or is stated in an email from us, before placing your order.
- It is a sign of good Professional animal welfare husbandry, to quarantine all newly acquired tortoises for as long as possible. Different species of tortoises should not be mixed, although we do know of a Zoo which does.
- Returns, refund and cancellation policy. In accordance with the distance selling law you have a 7 day cooling off period in which you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a refund for the products excluding any postage or delivery costs. This is subject to (a) the products being returned to us by you the customer, in their original condition, (b) cost for the products return at the customers own expense, (c) all returned products are subject to a 20% restocking fee and (d) before returning any product, you must first obtain from our customer services team via email, a ‘returns number.’ If you cancel your order before we deliver it to you, the same conditions of refund, as outlined in (11) above will apply. In addition to these conditions of refund, where we ourselves do not deliver the item you have ordered, we contract out the delivery to WalkersEuropeanTransport. We subsidise their standard delivery charge. Where we have already made this booking with WalkersEuropeanTransport, (before we receive your cancellation of order by email), we will charge you their full livestock delivery cost of £50.00 or £65.00 depending on your delivery post code.
- Our Customer Service team can be contacted via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As you the customer are purchasing a live animal from us, you confirm by making a purchase from this website, that you are (a) 16 years of age or older, and (b) that you have the appropriate knowledge and housing to provide for the animals continued welfare. If you are ordering from us online, we are happy to offer you the correct care advice by telephone, to ensure your choice of species of tortoise is the right one for you.
- We aim to acknowledge receipt of your order and emails within two working days. (We define a working day as Monday to Friday excluding Public and Bank holidays). PLEASE NOTE our animals are always our number one priority, so mornings are always, everyday, devoted to their welfare needs. We rarely get the opportunity to deal with any emails, orders or phone calls before 1 pm.
- Delivery. We will contact you via email at the earliest possible opportunity, to arrange a mutually convenient date to deliver your new tortoise. Please note, we never deliver tortoises without first agreeing a delivery date with you. Once we have offered you a proposed delivery date by email, you need to email us back to confirm that a responsible person will be available at the delivery address on the agreed date. Please check your SPAM and JUNK Folders and ADD us to your Contacts, to ensure you receive our timely emails. The cut off point is midday Monday for a possible delivery three days later on Thursday. A delivery time cannot be offered due to various factors outside the delivery drivers control, road traffic conditions, weather etc. You the customer are agreeing to accept a delivery only on an agreed day. There is no door to door service to the Isle of Wight. Customers there will be sent a Text or call when the driver has loaded your consignment at the Hoverport.
- Delivery Surcharges. Certain areas/post codes of the UK Scotland, Northern and Southern Ireland are subject to a livestock delivery surcharge of between £15 and £25. There is no surcharge for delivery to Hoverpoint for transport to Isle of Wight. We will inform you if there is a surcharge which applies to your order. If it does and you do not wish to pay this surcharge, we will refund your order payment in full. Any surcharge must be paid by telephone when we call you during the processing of your order.
- Our standard delivery charge for Livestock is £39.95 This is added automatically at Checkout.
- Our Pet Animal Act 1951 trading licensing number is: M:028178 Sedgemoor
We reserve the right to amend and update our terms of business ‘Legal’ at any time without notice.
All future amendments and alterations will appear on this page.
Last Updated:09th January 2020